Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
250g short pasta (penne, macaroni, farfalle)
1 tbsp White Truffle Olive Oil
½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup bread crumbs
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 C milk, heated
salt & pepper
½ C grated cheddar
pinch cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly butter 1½ quart casserole dish.
3. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain, toss with the Truffle Olive Oil and put in the casserole dish.
1. Melt the butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until it looks like a paste and bubbles just a bit, about two minutes. Don’t let the sauce brown.
2. Add the hot milk and continue to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring to a boil, add the salt & pepper, lower the heat and cook, stir in ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper and stir for 2 or 3 minutes until the cheese is melted into a smooth sauce.
3. Remove from heat and pour over the pasta. Mix gently with a fork.
4. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly over the top and then spread the bread crumbs over the cheese. Bake, uncovered until the top is brown; about 30 minutes.
Shared from http://www.deliziaoilandvinegar.com/2018/10/for-roasted-butternut-squash-1-medium.html#more
Get product updates and periodic recipes sent right to your email address.